This blog follows the property market in Northampton with a particular emphasis on buy-to-let. On here you'll find general commentary about the market, plus properties that may represent decent buys. I own a large estate agency in Northampton and am myself a landlord with an established portfolio. If you're looking to invest, but are unsure what will work best, I'm happy to offer a (free) second opinion. If you have a property to sell I can help with that too! Email richard.baker@belvoir.co.uk

Wednesday 10 February 2016

SOLD! POTENTIAL 8% YIELD ON £90,000 INVESTMENT

BEAUTIFUL, isn't it! It’s rare to get anything under £100,000 these days but this 3 BED MAISONETTE is about to come to the market for £89,995. It’s TENANTED at £500PCM with the potential to increase this when the current tenant leaves. There are 97 years on the LEASE and CHARGES of around £60 per month – if you’re after good return at relatively minimal outlay, this is as good as the market has to offer currently.
Currently it's yielding just under 7% before costs. At the next change of tenancy this will change to 8% without any issue.
It’s in KINGS HEATH and above shops – not the most enviable location, but then it’s £90k for a 3 bed. I own a very similar property a few hundred yards away which I’ve had for several years and has never caused me an issue with finding a tenant.
I’ve not been in it, but I’m told it’s in GOOD GENERAL CONDITION with some smaller repairs required in places. richard.baker@belvoirnorthampton.co.uk if you’re interested.
SHARE:
Blog Layout Designed by pipdig