This blog follows the property market in Northampton with a particular emphasis on buy-to-let. On here you'll find general commentary about the market, plus properties that may represent decent buys. I own a large estate agency in Northampton and am myself a landlord with an established portfolio. If you're looking to invest, but are unsure what will work best, I'm happy to offer a (free) second opinion. If you have a property to sell I can help with that too! Email richard.baker@belvoir.co.uk

Wednesday 25 July 2018

PRICE REDUCTION : Freehold 2 bed

I'm aware a few people have contacted me in recent weeks about the 2 bed house that's for sale in Kingsthorpe at £152k - my general advice has been that considering it needs £10k spending it is a little heavy on asking price.
I've been advised this morning at that the vendor's position has changed. The asking price is now £142,500 and for someone who can genuinely proceed quickly there may even be a small downside on that price.
Despite the fact that some improvement works are required, this has gone from being a bit pricey to a being a very good deal. For about £150k all in you can end up with a refurbished 2 bed house that's actually worth north of £160k - so there's some added value for someone!
Full details of the property are here - https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63620038.html. Don't worry about the rental - we'll get £700PCM comfortably for it once it's all in good order. Nice tenant, etc.
Feel free to contact me richard.baker@belvoir.co.uk with any queries. 
SHARE:
Blog Layout Designed by pipdig