This blog follows the property market in Northampton with a particular emphasis on buy-to-let. On here you'll find general commentary about the market, plus properties that may represent decent buys. I own a large estate agency in Northampton and am myself a landlord with an established portfolio. If you're looking to invest, but are unsure what will work best, I'm happy to offer a (free) second opinion. If you have a property to sell I can help with that too! Email richard.baker@belvoir.co.uk

Monday 27 March 2017

SOLD : CHEAP STUDIO, under £75k, 7%+

A proper budget option here for someone that's price conscious. I can talk confidently about this one as I own the (identical) studio above which rents without issue and offers a return of over 7%.
  • They are asking £73,500 for a studio that looks to be in good condition. It will rent for £475 which is a headline return of 7.7%.
  • Service charges are nominal. It's a strange set up whereby you pay a number of small invoices for this and that - but it's no more than £250 per annum in total. 
  • The lease is lowish - under 85 years. I've just extended mine to 125 years which has cost me about £3500 - but my (identical) flat would be worth £80k+ now - so worth doing. 
Here it is in all it's glory - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65297219.html. You would need to contact the agent directly to view it, although there would be very little risk in buying this blind - I did with mine!
You can't buy anything less than £73,500 in Northampton currently unless it's a caravan!
Any questions, please email me - richard.baker@belvoirnorthampton.co.uk
SHARE:
Blog Layout Designed by pipdig