This blog follows the property market in Northampton with a particular emphasis on buy-to-let. On here you'll find general commentary about the market, plus properties that may represent decent buys. I own a large estate agency in Northampton and am myself a landlord with an established portfolio. If you're looking to invest, but are unsure what will work best, I'm happy to offer a (free) second opinion. If you have a property to sell I can help with that too! Email richard.baker@belvoir.co.uk

Tuesday 17 May 2016

2 Bed House, Tenanted, Cheap

An interesting one has popped up here – a property we’ve been managing for some time and is currently tenanted at £540PCM – a 2 bed freehold house in Thorplands Brook. It’s in poor order as the current owner has failed to maintain it – needs about £8k spending on it which will include double glazing throughout, a kitchen and a bathroom (all sortable by us - no need to get involved if you don't want). With the work done, and let to a different tenant it would achieve £600PCM.
He’s been keen to sell for a while but has been after an inflated price – this has now changed and he’s happy to take £115k for it (perfectly realistic) which values the whole lot at £123k. Now get on rightmove and tell me where you can get a 2 bed freehold house IN GOOD ORDER for £123k? I’ll answer my own question – in this market you can’t. As such it’s a good bet.

I know this property quite well so am happy to discuss as required. richard.baker@belvoir.co.uk

SHARE:
Blog Layout Designed by pipdig