This blog follows the property market in Northampton with a particular emphasis on buy-to-let. On here you'll find general commentary about the market, plus properties that may represent decent buys. I own a large estate agency in Northampton and am myself a landlord with an established portfolio. If you're looking to invest, but are unsure what will work best, I'm happy to offer a (free) second opinion. If you have a property to sell I can help with that too! Email richard.baker@belvoir.co.uk

Monday 30 November 2015

FREEHOLDS - these are worth a further look - WILL GO QUICKLY

The most in demand properties from investors are cheap freeholds. In the current market a lot of these don't get advertised, but I've had a trawl through and pulled out some that look of interest. I'm unsure if they are still available, but all are sensibly priced and would rent well. If you're out of area and want me to view, let me know. If you have questions, please ask me. richard.baker@belvoir.co.uk

This isn't in the best area of town, but is a cheap freehold property that will sell very quickly. It will rent quickly too - £575 would be a sensible figure here.
I suspect it needs some upgrading - maybe a few thousand - but it's still cheap relative to what is available in the current market - you can not usually buy freehold at this price.  
This is cheap too. The good thing about this is it's pretty clear it needs everything doing - a £15,000 spend and it will like new - and because we're factoring in everything there's no potential for nasty surprises. We could easily sell this for £135,000 once done, so there's already a bit of margin for the purchaser - not a huge amount, but more than you get on any other property. I like this sort of thing myself because even though there's 2-3 months of dead time at the start, once I'm done everything is brand new and guaranteed. It will rent for min £600 once done, and we're probably looking at £650.
Something going on here! This clearly needs some improvement in places but it's worth WAY over £115,000 unless I'm missing something - and it's in a London Property Auction. Usually I'd expect this sort of thing to be a repossession, but this one clearly isn't from the marketing photos. Equally, it may be advertised low with the intention of filling the room and selling it high, but even so why would this type of property go to auction anyway, given than it should easily sell for good money privately? Requires further investigation, and the agent was not forthcoming. If it's falling down, or that extension is illegal, that would explain it. But pull the extension down and you still have £140,000 of property, so that shouldn't be a factor either. As you'll realise I haven't investigated this as I don't have a good contact at that agency, but if you fancy putting in some legwork, feel free to investigate yourselves.
A dead easy renter at min £625 and a modern property too that should need little in the way of updating. Clearly decorated to suit the current occupiers tastes and may need toning down a bit, but that should be it. A no brainer, and not stupidly priced either. 
SHARE:
Blog Layout Designed by pipdig