This blog follows the property market in Northampton with a particular emphasis on buy-to-let. On here you'll find general commentary about the market, plus properties that may represent decent buys. I own a large estate agency in Northampton and am myself a landlord with an established portfolio. If you're looking to invest, but are unsure what will work best, I'm happy to offer a (free) second opinion. If you have a property to sell I can help with that too! Email richard.baker@belvoir.co.uk

Monday 18 February 2013

NOW SOLD 10%+ in RUGBY - you need £40k cash

Now here's something you don't see often - a 10% yielding property in Rugby. And it's all in at £40,000 cash (or there abouts). 
It certainly isn't pretty. It's not in the best area of town, but we'll still let it privately for at least £350.00. You're never going to fall in love with this property, but it's one to add to the portfolio and let it earn you some money. 
And although occupied currently, it's in a pretty shocking condition, so the safest assumption is you're going to have to everything to it internally. I actually prefer them like this, as there's no hidden cost - you know from the start that the whole lot is required. I'd say £12k or so would be right on this one - it's small, but everything is required. It's advertised at £35k - I'm not sure it will get that, but you never know these days. As such I'm assuming an offer will be in order.
Purchase £30k
Refurbishment £12k
Monthly Rent £375
Yield 10.70%

What do you want for £40k?

SHARE:
Blog Layout Designed by pipdig