This blog follows the property market in Northampton with a particular emphasis on buy-to-let. On here you'll find general commentary about the market, plus properties that may represent decent buys. I own a large estate agency in Northampton and am myself a landlord with an established portfolio. If you're looking to invest, but are unsure what will work best, I'm happy to offer a (free) second opinion. If you have a property to sell I can help with that too! Email richard.baker@belvoir.co.uk

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Gremlins in older properties

Saw this article today, which is very true! http://bit.ly/yiL5g0.
When buying an investment property, don't underestimate what needs doing to get it ready for a tenant. Often this is a lot more than a lick of paint. I've seen many landlords get caught out by this. You need to get the property in good order to attract a decent tenant - a patchwork property will only attract a patchwork tenant.
SHARE:
Blog Layout Designed by pipdig